Welcome back to the Summer Term. In Year 6, we are looking forward to a fun-packed term of learning centred around our topic 'Magical Marine Mayhem'. In addition to this, we will be looking forward to our Year 6 residential trip to Heatree and our enterprise project - we wonder who will be our next Alan Sugar? Also, we have the excitement of our end of Year 6 production - more details to follow.
Below is a brief outline of what we will be covering within each subject:
- Literacy - Non-Fiction=Biographies and non-chronological reports. Fiction = Mystery stories and short narratives
- Numeracy - Geometry, statistics and problem solving.
- Science - Evolution and looking at marine animals and humans and thinking how we can all stay healthy.
- Geography - Looking at marine environments around Australasia and Asia. Understand natural disasters and their impact.
- Art - Painting under water landscapes in the style of J Vincent Scarpace
- Music - Singing and performing the song 'Happy'. Learning songs for end of year production.
- R.E. - Judaism.
- DT - Mechanisms - making under water vehicles.
- Computing - Handling data
- PSHCE - Looking at the culture of drugs and understanding how to keep safe. Sex education.
- French - Buying food and finding out about traditional cuisine.
- P.E. - Rounders, athletics and cricket.
- Week beginning 24/06/19 - swimming every afternoon
Please note outdoor P.E. will take place on Monday and indoor P.E will take place on a Thursday.
Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and will be due back in on the following Tuesday.