Welcome to the start of Year 6, we are looking forward to a fun-packed term of learning centred around our topic 'World War 2'.
Below is a brief outline of what we will be covering within each subject:
- Literacy - Non-Fiction=Letter writing, journalistic writing. Fiction = Writing historical stories.
- Numeracy - Number sense (place value), four operations, fractions and geometry (position and direction).
- Science - Electricity and light.
- Geography - Looking at European countries affected by WW2.
- History- World War 2
- Art - Creating Blitz scenery using 'Brusho'.
- Music - Focus on music by 'Pharrell Williams'.
- R.E. - Christianity.
- DT - Baking WW2 cakes.
- Computing - Making 'PowerPoint' presentations based on WW2.
- PSHCE - Looking at the culture of drugs and understanding how to keep safe.
- French - Telling the time.
- P.E. - Gymnastics and basketball.
Please note outdoor P.E. will take place on Monday and indoor P.E will take place on a Thursday.
Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and will be due back in on the following Tuesday.
Spellings will also go out on a Thursday and will be tested on Wednesdays.
Look out for further information regarding our Year 6 'Parent Session'. We hope to repeat the success of last year's tea party.