Book Week 2019
This year, our theme for Book Week was trees.
- We looked at a range of stories set in forests and woodlands, explored and created tree poems and even found out facts about our tree class names. For instance, did you know that Poplar trees were used to create Roman shields?
- Our homework was to create a poster to encourage children to read and winners were selected from each class.
- We also sent off some entries to the Somerset Literacy Network poetry competition.
- We found time during the week to buddy up with another class to share some stories.
- We decorated our classroom doors and finished the week by dressing up as our favourite book characters.
From The Stick Man to Robin Hood, what fun we have had this week!