Welcome back to the Spring Term. In Year 6, we are looking forward to a fun-packed term of learning centred around our topic 'Magical Marine Mayhem'.
Below is a brief outline of what we will be covering within each subject:
- Literacy - Non-Fiction=Persuasive writing and non chronological reports. Fiction = historical and mystery stories.
- Numeracy - Fractions, percentages and decimals. Units of measurement and algebra.
- Science - Using circuits to create electricity. Looking at marine animals and humans and thinking how we can all stay healthy.
- Geography - Looking at marine environments.
- History - The Holocaust and Anne Frank
- Art - Painting under water landscapes in the style of J Vincent Scarpace
- Music - Singing and performing the song 'I'll Be There'
- R.E. - Judaism.
- DT - Mechanisms - making under water vehicles.
- Computing - Coding.
- PSHCE - Looking at the culture of drugs and understanding how to keep safe.
- French - Describing houses and the rooms inside.
- P.E. - Outdoor tag rugby and indoor circuits
Please note outdoor P.E. will take place on Monday and indoor P.E will take place on a Thursday.
Also, please note that homework dates have changed.
Homework will now be handed out on a Thursday and will be due back in on the following Tuesday.