Welcome back to Leigham Primary School. In Year 6, we are looking forward to a fun-packed term of learning centred around our topic 'Woeful World War 2'.
Below is a brief outline of what we will be covering within each subject:
- Literacy - Letters, newspaper report and story writing.
- Numeracy - Place value, the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and fractions.
- Science - Using circuits to create electricity.
- Geography - Looking at European countries and locating them on maps.
- History - The impact of World War 2 on Plymouth.
- Art - World War 2 animation.
- Music - World War 2 songs.
- R.E. - Judaism.
- DT - Designing and baking World War 2 cakes.
- Computing - Using the Internet and creating PowerPoints about World War 2.
- PSHCE - Looking at the culture of drugs and understanding how to keep safe.
- French - Telling the time and daily routines.
- P.E. - Outdoor tag ruby and indoor gymnastics
Please note outdoor P.E. will take place on Monday and indoor P.E will take place on a Thursday.
A date for your diary:
Thursday 13th December 2018
Come and join us for the afternoon so that your child can share their learning about World War 2.
More information will follow nearer the time.